In October 2020, when Bloomsburg’s non-profits could not hold their annual family-friendly street festival (which draws 3,000 people in a usual year), they went virtual, creating videos to share with everyone. The Exchange always coordinates the Pumpkin Drop, which usually takes place right in the middle of BOO!burg, on 7th Street in Bloom between AGAPE and The Children’s Museum and the YMCA. This year’s drop happened at the Bloomsburg Fire Department parking lot on 9th Street, with a small crew of volunteers tossing the pumpkins and cleaning up afterwards. MANY THANKS to Bloomsburg Fire Chief Scott McBride — a fifth-generation volunteer firefighter — for making the event possible; thanks too to his wife, Nancy, for her enthusiastic participation. For more about the B.F.D., visit bloomsburgfd.org — and mark your calendars for the first week of May, when they hold their annual carnival. MANY THANKS to Rohrbach’s Farm Market, on Route 487 between Catawissa and Knoebel’s, for their very generous donation of all of the projectiles. In 2020, they celebrated 65 years as a family-owned farm and business. Visit them on the Web at rohrbachsfarm.net. Thanks too to all of our volunteer pumpkin tossers; they had a lot of fun doing this. The Exchange is dedicated to bringing the arts to all communities throughout our region. Visit us on the Web at ExchangeArts.org for more about our organization and the Exchange Gallery, the Art Cart, the Listening Room, ArtOfPA.org, and ArtFest.
- Uptown Music Collective to wrap up performance season with a tribute to the women of R&B
- 31st Annual Billtown Blues Festival set for June 11th, 12th, and 13th, 2021
- The Bloomsburg Children’s Museum, 2 W. 7th Street, Bloomsburg, is pleased to announce its June programs
- The Bloomsburg Children’s Museum, 2 W. 7th Street, Bloomsburg, is pleased to announce its May programs.
- Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble to present stage adaptation of Tiny Beautiful Things